Annex 4 – Audit notice
Notice of appointment of the date for the exercise of electors’ rights
[LLANDOVERY TOWN COUNCIL]
Financial year ending 31 March 2023
- Date of announcement _18. 06.2023____________________________
- Each year the annual accounts are audited by the Auditor General for Wales. Prior to this date, any interested person has the opportunity to inspect and make copies of the accounts and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts etc relating to them for 20 working days on reasonable notice. For the year ended 31 March 2023, these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to:
1 TREAGAR ROAD, LLANFRYNACH, BRECON, LD3 7HT
between the hours of 10:00 and 17:00 on Monday to Friday
commencing on 3 July 2023
and ending on 28 July 2023
- From 11 September 2023, until the audit has been completed, Local Government Electors and their representatives also have:
- the right to question the Auditor General about the accounts.
- the right to attend before the Auditor General and make objections to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the Auditor General. A copy of the written notice must also be given to the council.
The Auditor General can be contacted via: Community Council Audits, Audit Wales, 1 Capital Quarter, Tyndall Street, Cardiff, CF10 4BZ or by email at email@example.com.
- The audit is being conducted under the provisions of the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004, the Accounts and Audit (Wales) Regulations 2014 and the Auditor General for Wales’ Code of Audit Practice.